A lot of pages I visit have About Me sections and I enjoy getting to know the person behind the page. So I decided, hey, I'll do an About Page too! If I put down everything I liked in each category, this page would be SO LONG. So this isn't an exhaustive review of everything I like but just a taste of who I am and what I enjoy.
- Age: in my 50s. Not being coy by not giving an exact number but just realistic as to how likely I am to not remember about changing it yearly!
- Introverted as hell. Seriously, being in a group of people leaves me feeling like my life force has been sucked out and I need quiet, alone time to regenerate. If you're an extrovert, you will just think I'm weird. If you are also an introvert, then I know you feel me! Here is an excellent resource on explaining introverts.
- I love cats! I've had kitties ever since I can remember and have almost always had at least one fur baby, sometimes 10. Dogs are ok, I have nothing against them. But I don't really speak their language and I'm not used to them.
- Fairy tales are my jam! I love the originals and I love works based on them. Favorite fairy tales include: The Tinderbox and Baba Yaga tales. Ursula Vernon writing as T. Kingfisher has written retellings I have greatly enjoyed.
- I like to read, do some crafty things (in the past I was seriously into rubber stamping and I've always been cross stitching), play computer games. I also like to take short trips (anything that is reasonably driveable) and discover quirky places but mostly I'm a homebody and like to stay at home with the cats.
- all the Sci Fi!
- Call the Midwife
- Britannia - freaking crazy and David Morrissey doing what he does best - chew all the scenery
- Reservation Dogs
- Only Murders in the Building
- Last Kingdom
- Peaky Blinders
- Midnight Diner
- We are Lady Parts
- Derry Girls
- The City and the City
- Blood and Treasure
- K-dramas, mostly the ones with a fantasy element: Goblin, The King Eternal Monarch, Chicago Typewriter, Tale of the Nine-Tailed. Although I really enjoyed Crash Landing on You and Romance is a Bonus Book.
- Harper Hall series by Anne McCaffrey. This series is what started my life long love of SF/F
- The Chanur novels by CJ Cherryh. Love these books and have reread them often, which is unusual for me. Usually I'm one and done with books. But these are so good!
- Lindsey Davis Falco/Flavia Albia series. These books are set in ancient Rome. The Falco series is 20 books and is about Marcus Didius Falco, an informer for the emperor. He retires and his daughter takes up the family trade in the Flavia Albia series which is currently at 8 books
- Realm of the Elderlings series by Robin Hobb. I was gifted the first book in the series and then proceeded to swallow the other *15* books in less than 6 months. These were such good, deep, engrossing reads!
- Cadfael series by Ellis Peters. Murder mystery series with a monk who used to be a soldier solving crimes in 12th century England.
- Jirel of Joiry and Northwest Smith by CL Moore. These stories were written in the 1930s. Northwest Smith is a spaceship pilot and all around rogue, Jirel rules a domain in a an alternate medieval France and her adventures involve the supernatural.
Man, I'm going to have to think on this one. I like so much different stuff! And I have a unique knack of liking a band's one song that doesn't sound like any of their other music (alt J, I'm looking at you with Left Hand Free).
When I was a kid I was weird and really liked listening to the oldies radio station (which at the time played music from the 50s and 60s) and when I was a teen it was very much the pop hits of the 80s with a little New Wave love.
Now? Man, it's really a grab bag. I still love my 80s tunes. I like electronic - I asked my son to help me pin that down since "electronic" is a HUGE spread and he says I like early 2000s house with some good low end and also trance. Which is true. But I also like some other flavors of electronic, like drum and bass (Pendulum) and big beat (Crystal Method). And glitch hop (Thomas Vent)! But I also like stoner rock, some punk-y stuff, synthwave, bluesy stuff, and K-pop.